The surrendered life..
"Life" a simple word with complicated ingredients... Philosophical eh....!!!
I am Jajati Gangadeb...It's too long isn't it...?Let's call me J...It's easier this way....
I work in a multinational company in Hyderabad and live a fast paced life like millions other who do a 9 to 5 job....You won't even imagine how the days become weeks,weeks become months and months become years and keeps ticking....Whatever opportunities I get in between this horse race kinda life I miss my old days and let loose to remember things I used to do ...My life during the Eighties....Life used to be really relaxed those days..So relaxed that we were absolutely fine to know the result of an international match at 7 pm news bulletin or even on next day's news paper...Darn !! can the millennials even imagine this in their wildest of dreams....Nah....
People these days can't even have their brunch without watching TV or engrossing themselves in their cell phones.Time changes and with it we too.
I miss those carefree moments during my schooldays..Let me share a petal out of my boukeh of sweet/sour memories ..There was ,in fact still is a deer park close to my school and me and couple of my friends used to "tantanen" ....And go to the deer park and used to spend hours there indulging in different kinds of activities...
Some of us used to collect leaves of eucalyptus and keep them in our school bag to inhale later the strong aroma of the leaves...Sometime we used to get really lucky to get a peacock feather which we used to keep inside the book thinking it will grow longer but that's a myth of the century ..hahaha( the park had quite a few peococks & peahens )....But the best part which I was really interested , was watching the Python in a small cage.It was a huge one..There was a humongous tree of which the round shaped trunk was inside the cage and the branches were streched above it...It was like a natural habitat to the Python.Some time we found it. sleeping on the ground inside the cage and sometime it was coiling around the tree and moving really slow.....It used to fascinate me a lot and the bonanza used to be when the caretaker of the park used to provide the food...and you know what it used to be .A live chicken ..you heard it right....
I am not sure how this works now in zoos or parks
but late than this is what the inmate of the cage used to get as Lunch....and it used to be the ultimate Showtime for us...
I used to get goosebumps watching this fight live .A face off between a powerful giant and a poor chicken with limited opportunity to show it's virtue which is flying and it was restricted inside the small cage ...After few minutes of struggle the poor chicken used to surrender itself to the giant and the hungry Python used to grab,strangle and finally swallowing the chicken and then coiling arround the tree trunk to digest it's meal..This episode used to take around an hour time and was not less than a movie for us ....I don't have any photographs or selfie ( selfie in Eighties ...!!! are you kidding me buddy ) of those moments but the scenes of the struggle and surrender of a poor chicken inside a cage where it had no opportunity to fight back or even running away from being a target are still fresh in my mind even after Twenty odd years.....I don't know if it only happens inside a zoo or a cage and it's only limited to animals .This fight or rather call it power play to suppress a powerless has anything to do with the human kind.....I will leave it you all to think about if you have seen something similar happening around you .....See if you can stop a "surrender",, I could not during those days but can you ?????????.......
Will be back soon with another post...Signing off.....choa.......J.
Hey, J !!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on this amazing post.This is really awesome !!!You have come up with an amazing bucket list of memories,but tht's what you always crank out my friend...
Keep the good work!!!👍👍
Going to share it...
Your kind and encouraging words are very much appreciated...🙏🙏
Delete